Justerini & Brooks

This morning, in school; we were supposed to have our wine making activity. I was supposed to bring empty wine bottles. So last night, I asked my dad to give me empty colored wine bottles. So he did, give me colored wine bottles; but he didn't notice that one of them wasn't empty. The bottle (...of Rare J&B Scotch Whisky) was still about one-fourth filled.


I went to school, then blah3x... During recess time, in order not to waste such a drink, "we" dared (?) to drink it. At first, there was me and the girl in front of my seat who tasted it. Err... we didn't take much. Then there was a boy behind me, he asked for some so I gave him. He drank much then I asked him to stop. Afterwards, I asked one of my girlfriends if she would want some. So she did, tried some. After drinking, she just said, "Blahk!" Then after a few moments, I asked one of my girlfriends who drink occasionally, to have some. Thinking that it was just wine, she drank "a lot" that she almost emptied the bottle. By the time she was finished, that's the time that she realized that it wasn't "just wine." Having a late reaction, She shouted, "Shet Aspuria! Anlakas ng tama!" "(Shit Aspuria! That's strong stuff!)" LOL... Still, after she said those words, I asked her, "So, how was it?" She just replied with a smile and a thumbs up. :)


Before starting our activity, I noticed that there were still a few more left in the bottle. So I just gave the bottle to one of my classmates and he drank it all up.


Activity in Microbiology: Wine Making (Photos) :)


Extracting "Stuff" from Mangoes...



Heating (but not boiling) the Extracted Juice from the Mangoes w/ Brown Sugar



Sterilizing the Wine Bottles with the Use of an Autoclave



Adding of Yeast (*Other Group's Bottle since Ours was Colored)



The Worst Part (Mango Stuff on my Sleeves)


Well I must say, I had fun making wine... I just didn't like the part wherein I had mango on my sleeves -- since I just wore an apron (The Lab. gown was hot to wear...)

Popular Posts